- Daily sessions are offered by a qualified Biokineticist from 07h30 – 08h00 (Mon – Fri) and on Saturdays from 08h45 – 09h45. This forms part of the group therapy programme.
- For patients who wish to exercise on their own, the gym is open in the evening from 17h30 – 18h30 (Mo – Thur) and 16h00 – 17h00 (Fri) with supervision.
Saturdays: 08h45 - 09:45
- Television sets, with selected channels, are available for use by the patients in different lounge areas during evenings and over weekends.
- A man-size chess set and a mini-putting green is situated at the coffee shop. Clubs and balls are available inside the coffee shop, free of charge.
- Several board games, as well as puzzles, are available for the use of patients in the evenings and over weekends. These games are available from ward A and patients have to sign for the games.
- Bloemcare’s peaceful gardens, with ample seating, provide patients with a place for relaxation during free time or for receiving visitors.
- A secluded semi-circle with a water feature, behind the dining room of Ward D, offers an ideal spot to spend some quiet-time.
- Ward D has a reading room, exclusively for Bloemcare patients, where they can read in a quiet, relaxed atmosphere. Books of a more fictional nature are available in the reading room.
- Various reading material and DVD’s relating to psychiatric conditions are available from Ward A.